The village of Minety was at one time a clearing in the midst of Braydon Forest, a favourite hunting ground of royalty.
Upper Minety surrounds St. Leonard's Church, which was built in 1450 on much earlier foundations. The font is at least 500 years old. Nearby stands The Mansells, a 17th century house which is one of the oldest inhabited buildings in the village.
Minety also includes Lower Moor and the old part known as Silver Street. The rest of the village expanded during the years of the railway, with several thriving commercial businesses operating during the first part of the 20th century. Following the closure of the railway station in 1964, the other businesses also left over a period of time; the last one to do so being the printing works in 2000 after trading for 116 years.
Minety is a village in northern Wiltshire, sat between Malmesbury and Swindon. It takes its name from the water mint plant found growing in and around the village, and has previously been known as Myntey.